Information for medical professionals
Addiction is a treatable disease. Research in the field has led to advances in the treatment of alcohol and drug abuse. The best programmes now incorporate a variety of rehabilitative services into their treatment regimens. Crossroads Recovery Centres’ counsellors select from a menu of services in order to meet the individual medical, psychological, social, vocational, and legal needs of our clients in order to foster their recovery from addiction. Our goal is for our clients to participate in their own lives in a meaningful, productive, purpose-driven manner.
- Clients will be required to undergo a psychological evaluation prior to admittance.
- A supervised detoxification process, prescribed by our consulting GP or psychiatrist, will be administered by our registered nursing staff.
- Clients will have access to a consulting clinical psychologist, general practitioner and a psychiatrist for all medical and psychological needs.
- All our counsellors are qualified addiction counsellors, many of whom have their own personal experience with overcoming active addiction.
- Family counselling will be undertaken by our full-time social worker in order to assist the family in dealing with the effects of the clients addiction. Addiction is a disease which affects the entire family.
- Each client will receive an individualized treatment programme, based on their specific needs.
- Treatment will consist of: group therapy, client-centered therapy and cognitive behavior therapy.
- Clients will have access to an outpatient programme of recovery coaching and they will be introduced to support groups such as the 12 step fellowships.
- With client approval, the referring health professional will be kept updated as to the progress of treatment.
- Two long-term treatment goals of Crossroads Recovery Centre are: total abstinence from all mind and mood altering substances and an improved quality of life for our clients.
- Individuals progress through drug addiction treatment at various rates, so there is no predetermined length of treatment. However, research has shown unequivocally, that good outcomes are contingent on adequate treatment length. Generally, for primary treatment, participation of less than 90 days is of limited effectiveness and treatment lasting significantly longer (an outpatient programme) is recommended for maintaining positive outcomes.
- Our treatment philosophy is to address the fundamental core issues of addiction. This philosophy allows for a caring, nurturing, client-centered environment where patients suffering from addiction can find healing.
[contact-form-7 id=”136″ title=”Contact form 1″ html_id=”contact_form_1″]
Addiction Rehabilitation &
Treatment is a Phone Call Away
The road to recovery is not always an easy one but getting yourself or your loved one the best care from the team at Crossroads Recovery Centres provides you with a map to sober, healthy living. No matter how bad things seem, there is hope and it’s just a phone call away.
Approved Medical Aids
Our Treatment Programs Can Help You
From detoxification to our primary treatment program, we build foundations for long-term abstinence and sobriety…
The idea of overcoming drug addiction may seem overwhelming, but recovery is possible at Crossroads Recovery Centre…
Sex Addiction Rehabilitation
We know that surmounting your
unhealthy attitude to sex is very
Gambling Addiction Treatment
When a chronic gambler hits rock bottom emotionally and often financially they usually look for help…
Addiction Rehabilitation & Treatment is a Phone Call Away
Food Addiction Rehabilitation
When a compulsive over-eater has the realisation that their life has become untenable they ask for help…