What service does a rehabilitation centre provide?
There are a wide variety of rehabilitation centres available to treat drug, alcohol, and other addictions such as gambling, sex and food but what service do they actually offer?
It can become very overwhelming when looking for a treatment facility for a loved one or yourself.
What are the rehabilitation centre options?
If you are in search of the best drug rehabilitation centre, you want to be thorough while searching for the rehabilitation centre that is right for you. Not all rehabilitation centres are equal, so it is important that you know what you are looking for. Below are some of the services which might be considered:
- Free Assessment
- Medical Aid Authorization
- Corona Virus testing
- Psychiatric evaluations – if necessary and psychiatric symptoms emerge an evaluation by a registered psychiatrist will be done.
- Medical Detoxification from drugs or alcohol – Medical detox is an essential first step in recovery from drugs or alcohol addiction. Since alcohol withdrawal is life-threatening when severe medical alcohol detox is an absolute necessity.
- Individual Therapy session – Individual therapy will help the client learn to recognize triggers and cope with them.
- Group Therapy session – provides the client with the opportunity to practice sober social skills, as well as coping strategies they learned in individual counselling.
- Family Therapy sessions – can help to repair broken relationships, improve communication skills and, build conflict resolution skills.
- 12 Step Groups – 12 Step recovery is unique in that it gives people the opportunity to find a long-term solution to their problem, not just for the duration of their professional treatment.
- Art and/or music activities – Music and art therapies, along with other creative interventions, can be powerful tools in helping to assess, treat and improve a variety of mental, physical and emotional health conditions – and can also help to address and relieve many of the associated symptoms.
- Stress Management and Mindfulness – For those in recovery, yoga and meditation help create a sense of inner peace. By focusing inward and trusting yourself, you will learn how to replace thoughts of using to healthier coping strategies.
Contact Crossroads Recovery Centre for help.
Stories of Recovery
- The encouragement, love and support from the team at Crossroads allowed me to eventually see that I was worth something - that my life could be turned around and that I could accomplish the things that had long been a forgotten dream.Oliver VGRead more
- On the last day of my stint at Crossroads I could only express gratitude towards all who works there. A wise councillor once commented on my question when one is ready for rehab by explaining that when one is ready for rehab, rehab is ready for you.Johan BRead more
- I was lost and my soul was broken until I ended up at Crossroads and was introduced to the Twelve Steps. With the help of their excellent staff and amazing support I have recently been clean for 18 months, I could not have done it without them!Carla SRead more
- "Just for today I am more than three years in recovery. I have Cross Roads to thank for this wonderful gift. Cross Roads helped me to set a firm foundation in my recovery on which I can continue to build."Angelique JRead more