Crossroads Recovery Centre, Johannesburg is excited to announce that we now have an outpatient programme. Deciding on whether to enter an inpatient rehab facility or to rather seek outpatient care is an important step towards recovering from an addiction. Not everyone is able to commit to, nor afford inpatient (primary care) treatment. While equally focused on rehabilitation, each type has unique attributes and benefits to offer.
Primary care offers intensive, full-time residential treatment where the client commits to living with us for the duration of their treatment. Our outpatient programme is a part-time initiative, allowing the recovering addict to keep going to work or college during the day. This is an important advantage as it allows the person to maintain the ability to support their family whilst also focusing on recovering from their addiction. The hands-on medical care and extensive therapy available to our inpatients increases the cost of treatment. However, the price difference should not discourage anyone from choosing the best possible treatment route for themselves. Our outpatient programme can be very beneficial for addicts who are serious about their recovery.
The outpatient initiative begins with an intake assessment and if needed, a visit to our physician. Mild detox cases may be handled through the programme. It runs for 28 days, Mondays to Fridays, from 17:00 until 19:00 with a short break in between. Groups and lectures are held at the Valley Centre, Jan Smuts Avenue in Craighall Park, Johannesburg. Clients are expected to attend every evening and to be punctual for all classes. The cost of the programme is R12 000.00. Lectures and groups include topics such as:
- the disease of addiction,
- 12-step recovery,
- the neurobiology of addiction,
- childhood trauma,
- coping skills,
- living sober and developing new support systems whilst sober
One-on-one therapy sessions are held fortnightly via Zoom. Additional individual sessions may be scheduled.
Clients are expected to commit to certain principles whilst they attend the programme:
- remain abstinent from drugs and alcohol
- attend a minimum of 4, 12-step Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous meetings per week
- be respectful to their peers and facilitators
Should they relapse during the 28 day period, clients may be suspended from the programme for a minimum of 72 hours.
Similar to our inpatient programme, the outpatient programme also establishes an individual treatment plan for each new client which includes measurable milestones to indicate their progress. Some recovering addicts also turn to outpatient treatment after completing our inpatient programme as part of their continued recovery. This affords them access to their support systems- being able to live at home and be amongst their loved ones while still undergoing treatment. Having a reliable support system available to you is very important when undergoing rehabilitation from any form of addiction. Although cheaper and shorter, the outpatient programme has the ability to achieve similar positive outcomes to any inpatient programme.
If you or a loved one needs assistance with addiction – know that help is readily available. The road to recovery is not always an easy one but getting yourself or your loved one the best possible care from the team at Crossroads Recovery Centre, provides you with a map to sober, healthy living. No matter how bad things seem, there is hope and it’s only a phone call away. If you or anyone close to you needs help with an addiction to sex, gambling, substances, alcohol or food, please contact us for a free assessment.
Stories of Recovery
- The encouragement, love and support from the team at Crossroads allowed me to eventually see that I was worth something - that my life could be turned around and that I could accomplish the things that had long been a forgotten dream.Oliver VGRead more
- On the last day of my stint at Crossroads I could only express gratitude towards all who works there. A wise councillor once commented on my question when one is ready for rehab by explaining that when one is ready for rehab, rehab is ready for you.Johan BRead more
- I was lost and my soul was broken until I ended up at Crossroads and was introduced to the Twelve Steps. With the help of their excellent staff and amazing support I have recently been clean for 18 months, I could not have done it without them!Carla SRead more
- "Just for today I am more than three years in recovery. I have Cross Roads to thank for this wonderful gift. Cross Roads helped me to set a firm foundation in my recovery on which I can continue to build."Angelique JRead more