Can a rehabilitation center help with my addiction?
The dictionary definition for rehabilitation: the action of restoring someone to health or normal life through training and therapy after imprisonment, addiction, or illness.
There are different types of rehabilitation centers that cater for an individual’s specific needs. Three examples are: Drug and alcohol rehabilitation, Physical therapy, and Brain injury.
So, can a rehabilitation center help with my addiction?
The answer is, yes it can. There will be a few things to consider before looking for a center to help with your addiction.
Here are the things to consider:
- What causes you to believe that you, or your loved one is struggling with addiction?
- What are you, or your loved one addicted to?
- Is there a history of addiction in your, or their family?
- Have you, or your loved one been in a treatment facility, or facilities before?
- What resulted in you looking for help now?
These are only a few of many questions you can ask yourself. When it comes to addiction. You will most likely approach a Drug, and Alcohol rehabilitation center. Some Psychiatric centers also offer programs that cater for addiction. Each center has its own program. Some rehabilitation centers work according to a 12 Step program. Most commonly Alcoholics Anonymous, and Narcotics anonymous. Which has also been expanded to 12 Step programs that deal with Gambling, Sex, Eating Disorders, and behavioral problems. These are spiritual, not religious programs. They have a common goal. Which is to help each other as a community to get, and stay clean, and sober. And live a healthy way of life. Learning to put in the work and take responsibility for your own choices, and actions.
There are also faith-based facilities that follow more of a religious program. Which one works best is all dependent on the individual. So, when visiting facilities screening, and assessments should be done to see if the individual is best suited for that specific facility, in order to get the best possible care.
Stories of Recovery
- The encouragement, love and support from the team at Crossroads allowed me to eventually see that I was worth something - that my life could be turned around and that I could accomplish the things that had long been a forgotten dream.Oliver VGRead more
- On the last day of my stint at Crossroads I could only express gratitude towards all who works there. A wise councillor once commented on my question when one is ready for rehab by explaining that when one is ready for rehab, rehab is ready for you.Johan BRead more
- I was lost and my soul was broken until I ended up at Crossroads and was introduced to the Twelve Steps. With the help of their excellent staff and amazing support I have recently been clean for 18 months, I could not have done it without them!Carla SRead more
- "Just for today I am more than three years in recovery. I have Cross Roads to thank for this wonderful gift. Cross Roads helped me to set a firm foundation in my recovery on which I can continue to build."Angelique JRead more